West Haven Community Council Minutes
October 6, 2015
West Haven Elementary Office Conference Room
Members in attendance: Adam Thompson, Darrin Heslop, Kristi Humble, Michael Duckworth, Dani Franks, Amy Hird and Heather Neilson
Members excused: Sam Steoger, Shelly Steoger and Kate Bideaux
- Introduction of Community Council Members for the 2015-16 school year.
- Election of Chair and Secretary.
Shelly Steoger was nominated by the committee to serve as chairperson for the 2015-16 school year. The nomination was seconded by Michael Duckworth. Darrin Heslop was nominated by the committee to serve as secretary. Kristi Humble seconded the nomination.
- Review of this year’s goals
- 84% of students will be reading at benchmark by the end of the 2015-16 school year. We will also maintain an 84% school average in student reading comprehension as measured by DIBELS DAZE (3rd-6th) from beginning to ending assessment.
- We will improve math instruction and student math achievement through professional development training and PLC collaboration. Eighty percent of all regular education 1st grade students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 80% accuracy by the end of the school year. 85% of all regular education 2nd grade students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 95% accuracy using the MobyMax Fact Master Program by the end of the 2015-16 school year. 80% of all regular education 3rd-6th grade students will be at grade level, or have progressed one grade level, in the Moby Max program.
We overviewed the goals for the 2015-16 School LAND Trust Plan. We reviewed Dibels data (see below) and discussed the fact that intensive readers will now be considered below benchmark. A council member also noted how much funding is spent to support the PLC process. The council asked for the essential learning targets and common assessments to provide data to support that the money spent on PLC time is yielding results. The council also asked for a digital copy of the school plan to review.
Beginning of the Year Data
Kindergarten: 65% reading on grade level
1st Grade: 61% reading on grade level
2nd Grade: 73% reading on grade level
3rd Grade: 69% reading on grade level
4th Grade: 64% reading on grade level
5th Grade: 61% reading on grade level
6th Grade: 83% reading on grade level
- Digital Citizenship
Lynn Raymond will be coming to the meeting on November 3rd to talk about digital citizenship.
- School LAND Trust DVD
Council members will make time before the next meeting to watch the School LAND Trust DVD.
- Meeting Schedule
- November 3, 2015
- December 1, 2015
- January 5, 2016
- February 2, 2016
- March 1, 2016
November 3, 2015: Tentative Agenda
Lynn Raymond: Digital Citizenship
School Access Routing Plan Review