West Haven Community Council Minutes
January 5, 2016
West Haven Elementary Office Conference Room
Members in attendance: Heather Neilson, Kristi Humble, Michael Duckworth, Adam Thompson, Darrin Heslop, Randon Reed, Amy Hird, Sam Steoger
Excused members: Shelly Steoger, Dani Franks, Katie Bideaux
2. Review Teacher PLC Survey Data
- Overall results of survey are very positive
- Results of PLCs and whether or not they are beneficial on scale of 1-5; majority ranked 4 or 5. Minimal 3s & 2s.
- Overwhelming majority would like to see PLC time continue to be funded in 2016-17 school year.
- Majority of respondents would like community council to fund remediation time into the school day.
- ~75% of respondents would be interested in ‘sub-time’ to observe other teachers
- Expectations need to be set again with one grade that needs additional direction; needed to re-wind and gain buy-in from all participants.
- Focus has been math but in some cases there are opportunities to address other subjects, when time allows.
- Most teachers openly expressed how beneficial it is to have Heather attending (joins ~85% of the time)
- Requested projector in the conference room
- Adam Thompson checking into how Davis school district completed their Satellite PLC training and whether it is an option for our school/district.
3. Discussed Specific Needs, Goals and Implementation
4. Created rough draft of the 2016-17 plan
- Chromebook lease $3,000/year
- Computer and Arts Aide: $7,200 per aide. (Total: $14,400)
- Reading Aide: $15,200
- Additional Access Points $624.15/access point (ultimately requires 1 access point per classroom – WHE is about halfway there)
- Statebill 222 – may allocate funding to provide access points and ongoing annual support. http://le.utah.gov/~2015/bills/static/SB0222.html
- Substitute teachers to cover sickness and to allow teachers to leave their classrooms to observe their colleagues
- Moby Max $599.00
- Additional Computer Aide: $7,200
Heather will revise budget and send out more final numbers to review.
Additional items for budget consideration
- Projector in the conference room
- Insufficient headsets for chrome books – not critical (currently have 2 carts of chrome books, 1 set of headsets)
- Next Meeting
February 2: Adjustments, Vote on Plan, Finalize Plan, Signature Forms (Kristi taking notes)
March 1: Meet only if needed