West Haven Community Council Minutes
October 4, 2016
West Haven Elementary Office Conference Room
Attendees: Sophie Paul, Adam Thompson, Ron Smith, Kristi Humble, Darrin Heslop, Betsy Holden, Dani Franks, Heather Neilson
- Introduction of Community Council Members for the 2016-17 school year.
- Election of Chair and Secretary.
Chair: Kristi Humble, Secretary: Darrin Heslop
- Review of the 2015-16 Data.
Language Arts: 8 point improvement
Math: 11 point improvement
Science: 6 point improvement
Better than WSD average in all categories, just below state average.
Implementing Pathway of Progress in which agents will be placed into one of 5 groups:
- Typical Growth
- Above Typical
- Well Above Typical
- Below Typical
- Well Below Typical
2016-’17 goals will be measured against the growth instead of the end-point, which primarily focuses only on the strategic opportunities.
- We will improve math instruction and student math achievement through professional development training and PLC collaboration. Eighty percent of all regular education Kindergarten students will learn to count to one hundred by tens, count on, write numbers from 0-20, and add and subtract numbers to ten by the end of the school year. Eighty percent of all regular education 1st grade students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 80% accuracy by the end of the school year. 85% of all regular education 2nd grade students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 95% accuracy using the MobyMax Fact Master Program by the end of the 2016-17 school year. 80% of all regular education 3rd-6th grade students will be at grade level, or have progressed one grade level, in the Moby Max program.
We’ll pursue implementing different measures of performance, rather than using Moby Max to assess performance. Heather will take the request to the Academic Council and request a proposal that we can review in community council.
- School LAND Trust DVD
Council members: View the video and send Heather an email confirming completion
- Proposed continued funding of PLC, due to positive feedback and results of the program.
- Propose members of Academic Team attend PLC conference to gain additional insight and bring best practices to WHE.
- Meeting Schedule
- November 1, 2016
- January 3, 2017
- February 7, 2017
- March 7, 2017