West Haven Community Council Agenda
November 1, 2016
West Haven Elementary Office Conference Room
Attendees: Sophie Paul, Ron Smith, Betsy Holden, Leslee Byington, Heather Neilson, Darrin Heslop, Adam Thompson, Kristi Humble
- Welcome and Call to Order
- Digital Citizenship Presentation – Guest Presenter: Quinn
- Internet safety and security
- Allowed/blocked web content
- Allowed/blocked social media for students staff
- Child Internet protection act
Common Sense Digital Literacy Curriculum
Each grade has a unique unit w/ 5 complete lesson plans (approx. 30-45 minutes each) covering developmentally appropriate topics.
- Review of October Minutes approved by Dani Franks and Adam Thompson
Council members – please respond to minutes by approving and seconding the approval
Oct ‘16 meeting minutes approved
- Review of current plan
Two goals: Math and Reading
Lots of move-ins with language needs.
1 reading paraprofessional and considering adding another
PLC time – offered twice/week to teachers. Positive results, strong desire to continue.
- School Data
Increase access points (1 in every room) to support additional Chromebook/iPad lab. ~$625/access point. Currently only 2-3 access points per grade.
Sent 7 teachers to PLC conference. ~$5352 for 3 days last year. Would like to allocate funding to send another 7 teachers this year.
Ideas and best practices are shared among teachers through Professional Learning days & Depth of Knowledge.
Faculty meeting – now based on professional development.
- Identifying the needs of West Haven Students
- Final Report for 2015-16
Reviewed previous budget
Used all but ~$700 from last years’ budget.
- Next meeting will be held on January 3, 2017