West Haven Elementary
Community Council Meeting Minutes
February 7, 2017
Attendees: Heather Neilson, Sophie Paul, Kristi Humble, Leslee Byington, Ron Smith, Dani Franks, Darrin Heslop, Betsy Holden, Amy Hird, Adam Thompson
Tested using DIBELS assessments to identify reading level and monitor progress of ALL levels of students.
- Land trust will fund two paraprofessionals.
- Collaboration time provided to teachers.
- Students will work with computer and art paraprofessional.
- One teacher from each grade level will attend Professional Learning Community (PLC) conference to learn best practices. ($689 + $225 for sub = $914/person). September 26-28, 2017.
- Two teachers trained as Professional Development Day trainers ($200/teacher).
- Visible Learning for Literacy will be purchased for every teacher and used to guide professional development during 2017-18 school year. ($742.76).
- Substitute teachers hired for library paraprofessional sick or vacation day; and hired to allow time for SST meeting, collaboration, and observation.
Kindergarten: 80% of regular education students recognize numbers 1-30, count to 100 by 1’s and 10’s and write numbers 1-20.
1st Grade: 80% of all regular education students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 80% accuracy by end of school year.
2nd Grade: 85% of all regular education students will learn to add and subtract numbers up to 20 with 95% accuracy using MobyMax Fact Master Program by end of the school year.
3rd Grade: 80% of students will be proficient on the Math SLO Test.
4th Grade: 80% of regular education student who were enrolled at WHE for at least 140 days will be proficient at the end of the school year on the district multiplication SLO test.
5th Grade: 80% of students will be proficient on the Math SLO Test.
6th Grade: 80% of students will be proficient on the Math SLO Test.
K-2 to consider altering goals to reflect SLO. SLO tests to be used to document progress.
WSD SLO tests given at beginning, middle and end of year to document student progress.
- PLC time given to teachers. Students to work with computer and art paraprofessionals.
- Additional Chromebook lab will be rented to maintain time for fact practice and teacher directed computer instruction ($3000).
- In addition to common assessments, MobyMax will be purchased to document the progress of each student ($1295)
- Substitute teachers provided for library paraprofessional sick/vacation day and also hired to allow time for SST meeting, collaboration and observation.
- One teacher from each grade level to attend PLC conference ($914/person).
Allocation of funds for ad hoc training for teacher development: $2000