For the safety of students, staff and visitors to our schools, the Board of Education of the Weber School District has adopted a strict
SAFE SCHOOL POLICY
which absolutely prohibits the following conduct in school facilities, on school grounds, or during scheduled school activities.
- Any threat of act of violence
- Possession of any type of weapon, real of facsimile, regardless of intent
- Any form of gang-related activity
- Any type of criminal behavior
- Any destruction or defacement of school property
- Willful disobedience or persistent defiance of authority or disruptive behavior including the use of foul, profane, vulgar, and abusive language.
Violators of this policy may subject themselves to the following:
- Immediate request for police investigation
- Automatic suspension from school
- Mandatory parent or guardian conferences with school or district authorities
- Referral to district Student Services Office for placement determination
In cases involving severe or repeated violations,the student:
- May be placed in an alternative educational program
- May be referred to other programs in an effort to resolve the problem
- May be expelled from school. (A one-year expulsion is mandatory for an incident involving firearms.)
Copies of the School Safety Policy are available upon request from the school or District Office.