October 2021 Minutes
October 4, 2021
Conference Room with Virtual Option
Randon Reed- virtual
Kristen Ross- virtual
5:04 p.m. Kristi Hancock called the meeting to order and Kristen Ross seconded the motion.
Introductions of members were made.
Council member changes:
Sophie inquired about inviting people.
There were several changes in membership that were discussed:
Colton Jorgenson’s and Alexis Gabaldon's positions are now considered vacant and the Community Council will try to replace those members.
Kristen Ross nominated Sophie Paul to be Community Council Chairperson. Randon Reed seconded the motion. The chairperson will prepare the agenda and run the meeting.
Sophie Paul nominated Kristen Ross as Co-chair and Dani Franks seconded the motion.
Sophie motioned to approve the September minutes Kristi seconded the motion.
Kristi Hancock shared information about the timeline for the Council business:
The timeline for the availability of online applications are listed here.
- January 15 – Final Reports available for entry
- Council Signature Forms available to collect signatures
- February 4 - Final Report due
- February 9 – Upcoming School Plan entry on website opens
- March 9 - Weber District due date for plans to be entered on Trustland site
- March 11 - Weber District review of new plans
- March 18 - Any identified corrections/changes made and plans resubmitted
- April 20 - Your 2022-23 plan should be posted on your school's websit
West Haven Elementary’s Positive Behavior Plan must also be reviewed by the Community Council- many of the behaviors outlined in the plan are already taking place. Information regarding the plan will be presented at the November meeting
The internet safety information will be presented in the January Community Council meeting.
ESSER II plan information was discussed:
This money given to schools is intended to be purposed to close learning gaps.
It is one time money, and is not renewable. Schools have two years to spend the funds.
Focus areas are Reading and Math:
Using EOY Acadience Reading Plans
Targeted interventions in the area of Reading Instruction include:
- Increasing aide time to support Tier 1 instruction
- Sub pay to help teachers improve, allowing teachers to observe and consults with other teachers
- Enable coaching of teachers
- Possible stipends for teachers who help students outside contract hours
Math Focus Area 2
- Improving student RISE performance
- Math Acadience assessments were implemented for grades K-3 this year
- Additional aide time during intervention
- Stipends for teachers providing intervention outside contract hours
Motion to end the meeting was made by Randon Reed, and seconded by Kristi Hancock at 5:39 p.m.